Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Vacation

We are back from our holiday in Dubai, and all five of us agree - it was AMAZING!  These vacations that we're able to take are not the only good thing about this expat gig, but they're definitely one of the best.  We took a flight out of Luanda on Thursday evening, and landed in Dubai on Friday morning.  Flying seven hours with three kids (plus 3 hours in the Angola airport before leaving) was surprisingly easy, for the most part.  We've gotten pretty good at traveling, and everyone is in good spirits when it's time for vacation!

So - we arrived in Dubai, and it was gorgeous!  I've never seen so many beautiful skyscrapers.
Dubai Marina

The view from our hotel room

We had an absolute blast!  We spent loads of time walking around the malls and shopping.  We went on a desert safari, and rode camels.





The hut where we had Christmas dinner

The belly dancer at the end of our safari - the boys reallllly liked her!
We went to the top of the world's tallest building, and took a historical tour of the city.
Burj Khalifa



We swam with dolphins, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.




It's now been 15 months of living in Angola, and I think I can finally say that I'm glad we signed up for this experience.  It's changed me, I think for the better, and I know that we've made memories and friends that will last a lifetime.  I still look around and can't believe that this is really my life...but it is, and what an amazing life it's turned out to be.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful experience! I would be scared to sit near the window of the hotel room. It's so high! Happy New Year Katie!

    ReplyDelete