Wednesday, February 1, 2012

No More Bungo

Some of you know that the driver assigned to us since we've lived here is named Bungo.  He's worked for us 5 days a week, up to 12 hours a day, for the past 4 months.  He's picked up Adam from work and brought him home quite a few times, but the bulk of his time is spent with me.  He is the person I depend on to take me where I need to go in order to provide for my family.  He is the person that I depend on to help me change money, to keep me safe in questionable situations, to keep my kids safe when they're in the car......and all five of us have grown quite fond of him.

Yesterday all of that changed, and it's thrown me off my game a little.  Long story short - he wasn't there when I needed him, which was frustrating - but the real problem is that he lied to me.  He lied to me, then he lied about me....and I'm adding this to the list of things that I've learned about myself:  I do not tolerate dishonesty.  I can roll with the punches, and I like to think that I'm pretty darn easygoing as an employer - but this is one thing I can't - and won't - accept.  So Bungo is going to be reassigned to the pool of drivers that are on call for the driving service, and tomorrow we will meet our new driver.  I'm hurt and disappointed that it's going down like this, but at the same time I feel confident that I'm doing what's best for me and for my family.

And hey, on the bright side - maybe our new driver will go a bit faster so we're not constantly being honked at!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. honesty is a non-negotiable. sorry about another change, but well done for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete