Thursday, February 23, 2012

Maracujo

I have a new love here in Angola!  A passion, actually - the passionfruit!  I've always liked passionfruit-flavored juices and smoothies, but I'd never even seen an actual passionfruit before we moved here.

They're weird looking little guys, and they kind of smell up your kitchen when they hang around for a while .....not unlike the maintenance men here!  But the fruit inside is delicious - tart and sweet.  JoAnn brought me one from her vine, and I've become a little obsessed with them.  I'm making passionfruit chicken for dinner tonight.  I asked our gardener to plant two passionfruit vines in  our yard, and then my maid pointed out that we have a BIG one growing in the front already!  Then, as if that weren't enough passionfruit - I used 4 of them and made fresh passionfruit juice today - fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment