Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

As everyone at home is gearing up for Thanksgiving, I'm feeling a little sad that we're left out.  True, we will celebrate with a few other fabulous families on Saturday, but I am sad that we don't get to be with our fabulous family.  I do, however, have a lot to be thankful for.  In no particular order, the things I'm really thankful for are:

1) Technology.  Sure, the internet connection here is really sporadic and slow, but it does allow us to keep in touch with our loved ones.  Hearing my mom's voice, getting a voicemail from my dad, and laughing with friends are all a huge boost to me.

2) Love.  The kids are so loving and sweet (most of the time) and sometimes it is hard to believe that I really could be so blessed.  Max has his own cell phone (with only a few key adults' phone numbers programmed into it) and he texts me every day when he gets out of school.  Yesterday's text said, "On bus.  Been here 4 a long time.  How was ur day?  I'm sure mine will get a lot better when I see u!"

3) Our house.  This is kind of ridiculous, since our house has been the source of so much stress - but I still am very thankful for it.  We have a place to sleep each night, and a place that we're making many good memories in.  It's the middle of the hot, rainy season here, and we've had lots of nights where there is rain and lightning - which doesn't affect us.  Our maid, however, has had her house flood, and her kids have had to shovel out water and mud.  She's hoping to save up to afford a cement floor soon, so that she doesn't have these problems.  I am very, very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment