Sunday, November 18, 2012

International Day 2012

One of the very best parts of living overseas (in my humble opinion) is that our whole family is exposed to amazing people, cultures, and experiences that we would never see in the US.  The international school that our kids attend has a yearly event that really exemplifies why I feel that all of the struggles that come with living here are worth it.  International Day is a time for all of the countries represented by students in the school to teach us about their country.  Families come together to have a booth for each country, where they prepare food to share, maps, costumes....really anything and everything that they feel is important to represent about their country.  On the day of the event, there is a parade and performances.  Kids and adults visit each booth, and it is an amazing experience.  This year I was up close and personal to all of the action, because the PTA organizes International Day!  It was a lot of work, a lot of stress and sweat and possibly a bit of swearing.....but it was a success!
























I'm so glad that my kids have this chance to be exposed to so many beautiful cultures and people, and I'm proud that I helped to make the day great.....but I will NOT be volunteering for the PTA next year! It is a ton of work, and I have so much respect for the women who have done it more than once!

No comments:

Post a Comment