Friday, March 22, 2013

Fond Farewell

It's that time of year again - VACATION!!!  We are leaving today for our spring break, and I can hardly wait to get on the plane.  I don't care how long the flight is, I don't care if there's any shopping where we're going.....all I care about is knowing that we can leave Angola!

It's been a stressful few weeks here.  Being on the PTA board is awful (though I do love the girls who are on it with me), we've got water problems again, and there have been some robberies/shootings that have happened in places that we go to frequently.  So....this mama needs a getaway.

I was chatting with a neighbor yesterday, who told me that she thinks she might be able to compete with me for the 'house with the most problems' title in our neighborhood.  I laughed, because I had sort of forgotten that we are the proud holders of that title.  Anyway, she's had a leaking roof and mold, and no one seems to be able to fix it.  She has called the help desk numerous times, and each time is told that someone will come, but no one does.  This is nothing new.  What is new is that yesterday she called again, and they told her to be patient, because they'd hired a new service company.  The only catch?  The service company doesn't have any tools yet.  I'll just let that sink in for a moment.


Seriously?  A service company without tools.  Of course!  That, my friends, is the stuff that Angola is made of.

So yes, I'm really anxious to have a break from this place.  I will return with pictures, stories, and hopefully - renewed patience, because clearly I am going to need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment